BASL is a multi-disciplinary society with over 1,000 members composed of interested individuals from clinical medicine, clinical and basic research and allied professions.
BASL Membership covers membership to BASL and all of its sub groups and special interest groups including BLNA, BVHG, BLTG, BHPG and HCC-UK. Membership is not available to one specific group but the subscription rate you pay is determined by your job status. This membership structure was put in place at the start of the membership year 31 January 2015.
This allows all members free access to BASL and affiliate group meetings except for specific meetings where subsidised rates apply. Any chargeable meetings will have rates advertised.
BASL Member Benefits
Being part of BASL gifts the membership benefits below:
- Discounted registration rates for the annual meeting and other relevant meetings;
- Eligibility for the BASL Travel Awards (for members below status of Senior Lecturer or Consultant to allow presentation of high-quality UK liver research at International meetings, including the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease);
- Eligibility for the prestigious Dame Sheila Sherlock Award (to an emerging researcher in the field of liver disease, for members below status of Senior Lecturer or consultant). Applications are usually submitted to the BASL Committee three months prior to the annual meeting - details are announced;
- Free event and job vacancy listings;
- Full access to the Resources section of the BASL website.
Medically Qualified Consultant Member (Consultants, Surgeons, Physicians) - £90
Medically Qualified In Training Member (SpRs, Scientific Trainees, Students) - £45
Nurse/ Affiliate Member (Nurses, Transplant Co-ordinators, Pharmacists, Other Healthcare Professionals) - £20
Scientist Member (For Scientists (not including Scientific Trainees) - £20
Companies are welcome to join BASL as a Corporate Member. This is open to companies involved in the fields of Liver Research or Liver Disease and its treatment. An organisation can apply for a Corporate membership which is priced at £110.00. Corporate members do not have voting rights.
Applications are subject to approval by the BASL Committee and approved companies will be asked to specify a designated Primary contact who the membership will be against. The membership is for one person and is non-transferrable between individuals.
Members are entitled to membership privileges, including discounted course or conference registrations as a delegate, (excluding exhibition staff). Persons working for companies in a clinical capacity are normally eligible for Medically Qualified Consultant membership.
Requests for a Corporate Membership should be emailed to email@example.com .
|% of fees due||Part of the year to be applied to||2019/2020 Example|
|100% payment||Joining before the Annual Meeting. For those joining between the start of Membership year (1st February) and after the Annual Meeting has finished||01 February 2019 – Sunday 22 September 2019|
Joining post Annual Meeting - December. For those joining between the first Monday after the Annual Meeting has finished and the end of November
|Monday 23 September 2019 – 30 November 2019|
|100% payment – (13 or 14 months for the price of 12)||
Joining December & January. For those joining in December and January, these one or two months will be offered free of charge and the new member will receive 13-14 months for the price of 12
|01 December 2019 – 31 Jan 2020|