BASL is a multi-disciplinary society with over 1,000 members composed of interested individuals from clinical medicine, clinical and basic research and allied professions.
BASL Membership covers membership to BASL and all of its special interest groups, BLNA, BVHG, BLTG and HCC-UK. Membership is not available to one specific group but the subscription rate you pay is determined by your job status. This is a change to the membership structure and was put in place at the start of the membership year 31 January 2015.
This allows all members free access to BASL and affiliate group meetings except for specific meetings where subsidised rates apply. Any chargeable meetings will have rates advertised.
BASL Member Benefits
Being part of BASL gifts the membership benefits below:
- Discounted registration rates for the annual meeting and other relevant meetings;
- Eligibility for the BASL Travel Awards (for members below status of Senior Lecturer or Consultant to allow presentation of high-quality UK liver research at International meetings, including the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease);
- Eligibility for the prestigious Dame Sheila Sherlock Award (to an emerging researcher in the field of liver disease, for members below status of Senior Lecturer or consultant). Applications are usually submitted to the BASL Committee three months prior to the annual meeting - details are announced;
- Free event and job vacancy listings;
- Full access to the Resources section of the BASL website.
Medically Qualified Consultant Member (For Consultants, surgeons, physicians) - £90
Medically Qualified In Training Member (For SpRs, Scientific Trainees, Students) - £45
Nurse/ Affiliate Member (Nurses, Transplant Co-ordinators, Pharmacists, Other Healthcare Professionals) - £20
Scientist Member (For Scientists (not including Scientific Trainees) - £20
|% of fees due||Part of the year to be applied to||2016/2017 Example|
|100% payment||Joining before the Annual Meeting. For those joining between the start of Membership year (1st February) and after the Annual Meeting has finished||01 February 2016 – Sunday 11 September 2016|
Joining post Annual Meeting - December. For those joining between the first Monday after the Annual Meeting has finished and the end of November
|Monday 12 September 2016 – 30 November 2016|
|100% payment – (13 or 14 months for the price of 12)||
Joining December & January. For those joining in December and January, these one or two months will be offered free of charge and the new member will receive 13-14 months for the price of 12
|01 December 2016 – 31 Jan 2017|
Back to Top