BASL is a multi-disciplinary society with around 950 members composed of interested individuals from clinical medicine, clinical and basic research and allied professions. Your Annual subscription is used to organise the Annual Meeting held each September. For further details of the meeting click here.
Members of BASL receive the following benefits:
- discounted registration rates for the annual meeting and other relevant meetings
- eligibility for the BASL Travel Awards (for members below status of Senior Lecturer or Consultant to allow presentation of high-quality UK liver research at International meetings, including the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease)
- eligibility for the prestigious Dame Sheila Sherlock Award (to an emerging researcher in the field of liver disease, for members below status of Senior Lecturer or consultant). Applications are usually submitted to the BASL Committee three months prior to the annual meeting - details are announced.
- BASL Clinical Community: extended website service - providing quality content and interaction with other members, the Clinical Community is the new online communications hub for BASL.
To apply to become a member of BASL, BASLNF or BVHG please:
Download the direct debit form below, complete and return to the address printed on it. Unfortunately cheques are not accepted by the Association.
Complete the online application form here *
Annual rates for membership for 2014, collected by Direct Debit only, were:
- BASL qualified membership = £60
- BASL in training membership = £35
- BASL + BVHG combined qualified membership = £100
- BASL + BVHG combined in training membership = £55
- BASL or BVHG combined retired membership = £80
- BASLNF nurse membership = £20
- BASLNF or BVHG consultant member = £40
- BVHG in training member = £20
The above rates and categories have been simplified for 2015 to the following:
- Medically qualified member = £90
- Medically qualified member in training (including Scientific Trainees) = £45
- Nurse member = £20
- Scientist member = £20
Under the new structure, your subscription will give you membership to BASL and all of its affiliate groups.
This allows all members free access to BASL and affiliate group meetings except for specific meetings where subsidised rates apply. Any chargeable meetings will have rates advertised.
* Until the online application form has been changed, please apply for the relevant 2014 category of membership and we will contact you by email to confirm your correct category and subscription rate.
Thank you for your interest and support for BASL.