BASL is a multi-disciplinary society with around 950 members composed of interested individuals from clinical medicine, clinical and basic research and allied professions. Your Annual subscription is used to organise the Annual Meeting held each September. For further details of the meeting click here.
Members of BASL receive the following benefits:
- discounted registration rates for the annual meeting and other relevant meetings
- eligibility for the BASL Travel Awards (for members below status of Senior Lecturer or Consultant to allow presentation of high-quality UK liver research at International meetings, including the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease)
- eligibility for the prestigious Dame Sheila Sherlock Award (to an emerging researcher in the field of liver disease, for members below status of Senior Lecturer or consultant). Applications are usually submitted to the BASL Committee three months prior to the annual meeting - details are announced.
- BASL Clinical Community: extended website service - providing quality content and interaction with other members, the Clinical Community is the new online communications hub for BASL.
To apply to become a member of BASL, BASLNF or BVHG please:
- Download the relevant direct debit form below, complete and return to the address printed on it. Unfortunately cheques are not accepted by the Association.
- Complete the online application form here
Annual rates for membership, collected by Direct Debit only, are:
- BASL qualified membership = £60
- BASL in training membership = £35
- BASL + BVHG combined qualified membership = £100
- BASL + BVHG combined in training membership = £55
- BASL or BVHG combined retired membership = £80
- BASLNF nurse membership = £20
- BASLNF or BVHG consultant member = £40
- BVHG in training member = £20
Thank you for your interest and support for BASL.